Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Healthy Banana Muffins






I've been trying to be a lot healthier these days, so I needed a new Banana Muffin recipe.  I adapted the original recipe a little, and here is what I came up with...not too bad for being healthy.  And since it's there's not as much oil, I went ahead and threw some chocolate chips in there...nuts would be really good too!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup white wheat flour
3/4 cup white flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of cinnamon

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I did half oil and half applesauce)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas
  1. Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
  2. In a large bowl, beat the egg lightly. Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Add the mashed banana, and combine thoroughly. Stir the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined.  If adding chocolate chips or nuts, mix in now. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper bake cups, and divide the batter among them.
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 18 to 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment